The San Diego round of The Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series has long been the host for a strong tradition of honoring the United States armed forces, and to commemorate that occasion, Alpinestars has released a Limited Edition Aviator collection of its Tech 10 boots and riding gear, which includes the Racer jersey, pant and glove gear set.
The Aviator collection looks snazzy in its distinctive black and navy blue “combat-ready” color scheme design colorway and retains the Italian company’s attention to quality and detail. The color-way includes iconic black and gold features throughout the Tech 10 boot as well. The limited edition Aviator Tech 10 will be available while supplies last.
The Alpinestars Aviator Tech 10 boot’s construction features include:
• A one-piece co-injected foot chassis that incorporates five different advanced polymer compounds in a single streamlined and lightweight piece to offer strength and flexibility throughout the structure, while maintaining a robust structural integrity with no joints or weak points.
• An innovative, lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with advanced lightweight microfiber and an impact and abrasion resistant TPU shell.
• A medial-facing panel constructed from a one-piece, specifically formulated polymer for improved structural stability and integrity. It incorporates a rubber insert panel for maximum grip contact with bike and improved abrasion resistance.
• Frontal protection features that include a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap, plus Velcro for a precise fit closure that attaches securely with a micro-adjustable, easy to operate, lightweight buckle. The shin incorporates a unique TPU blade system engineered to prevent frontal hyperextension and offer greater flex control.
• A contoured TPU calf protector plate that offers impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestars innovative rear blade system, formed with hard shock resistant polymer to protect the heel.There’s also a rear hyperextension guard.
• An innovative, ergonomic design for lateral and medial flex zones that is intended to provide superb front and rear flexion support and help prevent damaging torsional forces around the ankle area.
• A multi-density foot shell incorporating heel and toe protection that is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, and adds to the boot’s overall durability.
Other key Aviator Tech 10 features include:
• An Alpinestars exclusive dual compound sole that is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built-in support. The sole offers superior durability, grip and feel while riding.
• A central sole insert that is easily replaceable. Alpinestars offers a full sole replacement and boot repair service.
• A new buckle closure system that includes high-impact aluminum bridge closures, with memory and a quick release/locking system with a self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance and security. All buckles are easily replaceable.
• A soft microfiber gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry.
• A poly-fabric lining with 3D open cell foam incorporates anti-slip suede on heel area to keep foot located inside the boot.
• An innovative biomechanical inner ankle brace that features medial and lateral “C” torsion bars to control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement. Wide fit torsion bar replacements are included. These dual connection torsion bars offer the rider natural ankle movement with progressive damping of torsional forces during an accident.
• TPU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra-thin and flexible forefoot area for increased sensitivity and control.
• A new, dual compound, removable anatomic foot-bed that includes EVA for comfort and support and aids even weight distribution.
The Alpinestars Aviator Racefend is a multi-material, durable glove optimized for tough Enduro terrain. The Racefend incorporates TPR knuckle and finger inserts for abrasion resistance, with Neoprene reinforcement and a stretch poly-fabric upper with a Clarino palm for excellent levels of comfort, durability and performance. Other key features include:
• A stretch top hand with strategically positioned Neoprene for comfort and fit.
• A single-piece suede palm that offers excellent grip and sensitivity on the bike’s controls.
• Clarino reinforcements on the thumb and landing zone for durability and comfort.
• TPR inserts on the knuckles and fingers for additional abrasion resistance.
• Hook and loop grip and TPR wrist adjustment for a secure, customized fit.
• Silicone grip patterning on the fingers for improved riding control.
• An innovative stretch insert in the adductor (palm and thumb) for improved hand movement and lever control.
• Pre-curved finger construction that helps reduce fatigue and improve comfort.
For more information on the Alpinestars limited-edition Aviator Tech 10 boot, Racefend glove and other Alpinestars gear, visit Alpinestars.com.