Continuing its tradition of creating limited edition gear within its lineup of cutting-edge off-road boots and apparel, Alpinestars has announced the release of its new Angel Tech 10 boots and Radar Flight gloves in advance of the 2018 Anaheim I Supercross. The following is from Alpinstars:
Anaheim, California USA–To celebrate the opening round of the hotly anticipated 2018 AMA Supercross season this weekend at Angels Stadium of Anaheim California, Alpinestars launches its Limited Edition ‘Angel’ Tech 10 Boot and Radar Flight Glove.
As the gate drops at A1, top professional racers from around the globe hit the dirt to set out their battle lines for the season ahead. Concentration, determination and passion will be the leading force for the teams and racers at Angel Stadium, and Alpinestars’ Limited Edition ‘Angel’ captures all the energy and buzz of this iconic race. The light-grey, white and flo-yellow boot brings a high-speed ray of light to the competition weekend while the custom color combo delivers an exhilarating burst of light to kick off the season.
Unsurpassed in protection and performance, the Tech 10 is the apex motocross boot. The limited edition ‘Angel’ Tech 10 will be available while supplies last.
ANGEL TECH 10 CONSTRUCTION
• The one-piece co-injected foot chassis incorporates five different advanced polymer compounds in a single streamlined and lightweight piece to offer strength and flexibility throughout the structure, while maintaining its robust structural integrity with no joints or weak points.
• Innovative, lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with advanced lightweight microfiber and an impact and abrasion resistant TPU shell.
• Medial-facing panel is constructed from a one-piece, specifically formulated polymer for improved structural stability and integrity, and incorporates a rubber insert panel for maximum grip contact with bike and improved abrasion resistance.
• The Tech 10 boot is CE certified.
• Frontal protection features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap, plus Velcro® for a precise fit closure attached securely with a micro-adjustable, easy to operate, lightweight buckle. Shin incorporates a unique TPU blade system engineered to prevent frontal hyperextension and offer greater flex control.
• Contoured TPU calf protector plate offers impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestars innovative rear blade system, formed with hard shock resistant polymer to protect the heel and features a rear hyperextension guard.
• Innovative, ergonomic design for lateral and medial flex zones to provide superb front and rear flexion support which helps prevent damaging torsional forces around the ankle area.
• Multi-density foot shell incorporating heel and toe protection is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, and adds to the boot’s overall durability.
ANGEL KEY FEATURES
• Exclusive dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built-in support. The sole offers superior durability, grip and feel while riding.
• The central sole insert is easily replaceable and Alpinestars offers a full sole replacement and boot repair service.
• New buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminum bridge closures, with memory and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance and security. All buckles are easily replaceable.
• Soft microfiber gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry.
• Poly-fabric lining with 3D open cell foam incorporates anti-slip suede on heel area to keep foot located inside the boot.
ANGLE INNER ANKLE BRACE
• Innovative biomechanical inner ankle brace features medial and lateral “C” torsion bars to control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement. Wide fit torsion bar replacements are included. These dual connection torsion bars offer the rider natural ankle movement with progressive damping of torsional forces during an accident.
• TPU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra-thin and flexible forefoot area for increased sensitivity and control.
• New, dual compound, removable anatomic foot-bed includes EVA for comfort and support and aids even weight distribution.
For more information, visit www.alpinestars.com.