Exploring the rugged terrains and scenic landscapes of Maryland on a dirt bike is a thrilling experience for riders of all skill levels. Here are the 10 best dirt bike trails in Maryland:
- The Landing MX: Located in Mechanicsville, The Landing MX is a premier motocross facility offering multiple tracks suitable for dirt bikes. The facility caters to riders of all skill levels, with tracks ranging from beginner-friendly to more advanced. Camping is not available on-site, but there are accommodations nearby. The facility is within driving distance from major cities like Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- Budds Creek Motocross Park: Situated in Mechanicsville, Budds Creek Motocross Park is a renowned motocross venue that hosts professional races. The park offers challenging tracks for dirt bikes, suitable for experienced riders. Camping facilities are available, making it convenient for overnight stays. The park is located within driving distance from Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- Green Ridge State Forest: Located in Flintstone, Green Ridge State Forest provides a variety of trails for off-road enthusiasts. While the trails are primarily designed for ATVs and 4×4 vehicles, dirt bikes are allowed on designated trails. The difficulty level varies, but most trails are suitable for riders with intermediate to advanced skills. Camping is permitted within the state forest, allowing riders to spend the night amidst nature.
- Rock Run Recreation Area: Situated in Patton, Pennsylvania (near the Maryland border), Rock Run Recreation Area is a popular off-road park that welcomes dirt bikes, ATVs, UTVs, and 4×4 vehicles. The park offers over 140 miles of trails, with varying difficulty levels to cater to riders of different skill sets. Camping facilities are available on-site.
- Emmitsburg MX: Located in Emmitsburg, Emmitsburg MX is a motocross facility that features tracks suitable for dirt bikes. The tracks offer a mix of challenging sections and beginner-friendly areas, making them suitable for riders of various skill levels. Camping options can be found nearby.
- Wolf Den Run State Park: Situated near Hancock, Wolf Den Run State Park is a recently established off-road park that offers trails for dirt bikes, ATVs, and UTVs. The park features a variety of trails with varying difficulty levels, accommodating riders of different experiences. Camping facilities are available within the park.
- Savage River State Forest: Located in Grantsville, Savage River State Forest offers a network of trails for off-road enthusiasts. While primarily designed for ATVs and 4×4 vehicles, dirt bikes are allowed on specific trails. The difficulty level varies, with some trails suitable for beginners and others for more experienced riders. Camping is permitted within the state forest.
- Greenbrier State Forest: Situated in Boonsboro, Greenbrier State Forest features off-road trails for dirt bikes, ATVs, and UTVs. The difficulty level varies, catering to riders of different skill levels. Camping facilities are available, allowing riders to enjoy overnight stays in the forest.
- Potomac State Forest: Located in Western Maryland, Potomac State Forest offers a mix of off-road trails suitable for dirt bikes and other off-road vehicles. The trails provide varying difficulty levels, making it possible for riders of different experience levels to enjoy the trails. Camping is permitted within the state forest.
- Wicomico Motorsports Park: Situated in Charlotte Hall, Wicomico Motorsports Park is a multi-purpose off-road facility that offers tracks for dirt bikes, ATVs, and UTVs. The tracks vary in difficulty, accommodating riders of different skill levels. Camping facilities are available on-site.
When riding in Maryland, it’s important to check with each park or trail management regarding specific rules, regulations, and vehicle restrictions. Additionally, always ride responsibly, respect the environment, and follow designated trails to ensure the sustainability of these off-road areas.
Before embarking on your dirt bike adventure, ensure you have the necessary gear and equipment, including a helmet, protective clothing, tools, water, snacks, and a first aid kit. Being prepared will enhance your safety and enjoyment while exploring the best dirt bike trails in Maryland.