When it comes to choosing an off-road motorcycle, Yamaha offers two great options: the XT250 and the TW200. These two bikes have their unique features and capabilities that cater to different riding styles and preferences. In this article, we’ll compare the Yamaha XT250 and TW200 in terms of their features, engine/transmission, suspension, and frame to help you make an informed decision.
Features: The Yamaha XT250 and TW200 have a few similarities in terms of features, including:
- Both have a steel frame that is strong and durable.
- Both have a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Both have disc brakes in the front and rear for better stopping power.
However, they differ in some key areas:
- The XT250 has fuel injection while the TW200 uses a carburetor.
- The TW200 has a unique fat tire design that makes it great for off-road riding.
Engine/Transmission: The engines in both bikes are air-cooled and four-stroke, but they differ in size and power:
- The XT250 has a 249cc engine that produces 16 horsepower.
- The TW200 has a 196cc engine that produces 11 horsepower.
Suspension: The Yamaha XT250 and TW200 have different suspension systems that cater to different riding styles:
- The XT250 has a front fork with 8.9 inches of travel and a rear shock with 7.1 inches of travel.
- The TW200 has a telescopic fork with 6.3 inches of travel and a rear shock with 5.9 inches of travel.
Frame: Both bikes have a steel frame, but they differ in size and weight:
- The XT250 has a bigger frame and is heavier at 291 pounds.
- The TW200 has a smaller frame and is lighter at 278 pounds.
Now that we’ve covered the features, engine/transmission, suspension, and frame of the Yamaha XT250 and TW200, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each bike.
Yamaha XT250 Pros:
- Fuel injection for smoother power delivery
- Bigger engine for more power
- Better suspension for off-road riding
- Bigger frame for taller riders
- Rear rack for carrying gear
Yamaha XT250 Cons:
- Heavier than the TW200
- Higher seat height may not be suitable for shorter riders
Yamaha TW200 Pros:
- Fat tire design for better off-road capability
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Low seat height for shorter riders
- Good fuel economy
Yamaha TW200 Cons:
- Smaller engine for less power
- Smaller frame may not be suitable for taller riders
- Smaller suspension travel
In conclusion, the Yamaha XT250 and TW200 are both great off-road motorcycles, but they cater to different riding styles and preferences. The XT250 is perfect for those who want more power, better suspension, and a bigger frame. The TW200, on the other hand, is ideal for those who want a lightweight and easy-to-handle bike with unique fat tire design. Ultimately, the choice between the two will depend on your individual needs and riding preferences.